As your wellbeing and health are our main concern, we have decided to implement additional processes during the 6 phases of your stay.
“Your health is our priority”
1. Reservation, arrival and check in
It all starts with a safe arrival, therefore we have enhanced our check in procedure by taking following measures
- Upon reservation or before arrival, each guest or event organiser will receive an email through which the entire check in procedure can be finalised electronically. Profiles can be updated with contact and billing details. Prepayments can be made by credit card or via a secured internet banking link. For groups this information will be given by the tour leader, or if preferred the hotel can contact each participant individually.
- Our security guard is there to open our entrance door and welcome you, this while respecting all safety measures.
- If the check in procedure was completed before arrival, the guest only has to present himself at reception to pick up the room key.
- Room keys will be sanitized prior to hand-over to the guest and will no longer come in the paper protective holder.
- Cash payments to guarantee any extras are no longer accepted, a credit card will be requested for electronic payments and pre-authorisations.
- Plexiglas protecting screens will be installed at the welcome desk, this to protect both our guests and staff.
- Subject to availability, rooms will be allocated on lower floors to motivate guests to take stairs instead of elevators.
- Pens will be disinfected before being handed to the guest, and again after every use
2. Room cleaning procedures
In order to provide our guests with a safe, carefree stay, we stepped up the room cleaning procedures with particular attention to high risk areas.
- On top of the regular cleaning routine of our rooms we decided on 7 commonly used surfaces that will receive additional disinfectant treatments.
- Switches and Electronic controls
- Door handles and knobs
- Bathroom surfaces & amenities
- Desk and chair
- Minibar and glasses
- Telephone, remote controls and air-conditioning switch
- In room documents (room directories, room service menu, do not disturb sign,..)
- Room cleaning will only be done between stays. Daily cleaning can be done upon request, only when the guest is not in the room.
- Each floor has its own designated staff member for cleaning.
- Housekeeping staff will wear protective masks and gloves: gloves will be changed between two rooms.
- Bedlinen is cleaned by a specialized external company, at high temperatures of 90°C and ironed with steam.
- Decorative pillows will be removed to avoid contamination.
- Room amenities such as pens, notepads, envelopes, .. will be taken out of the bedrooms and are available upon request at reception at the number 970.
- A paper seal is placed at the bedroom door to confirm the room has been cleaned and disinfected.
- After check out, bedrooms will be left empty long enough to allow ventilation of the room.
- In case of contamination, or suspicion thereof, the bedroom will be placed out of service for several days and fully disinfected by an external specialized company.
3. In house catering – Breakfast , room service & minibar
Guests can still enjoy our culinary delights. However, some procedure have been reviewed.
- Capacity of the breakfast room will be reduced to respect social distancing, longer waiting times may occur.
- In a first stage, Breakfast will be served à la carte at the table: Hot dishes can be ordered, baskets with pastries are provided, plates with cold cuts and fruit salads will be covered with protective cling film.
In a later stage the breakfast buffet will be reopened with staff organising a fluent and safe service of each guest.
- Breakfast can be taken as room service or can be prepared ready for take away.
- Room service is still available. Guests have the possibility to be served without being in direct contact with hotel staff (order is left on a roll-away table in front of the door, when finished, the guest can contact reception to have hotel staff pick up the dishes, again left in front of the door.)
- Room service staff will wear protective gloves and masks. Food will be covered with protective cling film.
- Minibar products are still available, but minibars can be emptied upon request.
4. Events and seminars
As your meeting is our passion, following precautions have been taken.
We are of course more than happy to meet other requirements if requested.
- Meeting capacities can be reviewed respecting social distancing.
- Plexiglas protection screens can be installed at the event welcome desk.
- Smooth check in procedures can be provided for groups.
- Hand gel and disinfecting products will be provided at the entrance of conference areas.
- Hotel staff will be equipped with protective masks and gloves. This service can be provided for event organisers as well as participants (additional costs may occur).
- Meeting packages with buffet or seated lunch can be revised for more adapted catering formulas (lunchboxes, individually packed lunches, lunch taken in meeting rooms,…)
- Food and drinks on coffee breaks can be individually wrapped. Coffee can be served by hotel staff.
- Bigger groups can be divided in smaller meeting rooms or transformed bedrooms while the main event is transmitted via live streaming (depending availability & additional costs may occur).
- Deliveries for larger conferences should be done on an agreed moment and can no longer be done several days in advance. Deliveries can only be handled by delivery company or event organiser and is not handled by hotel staff.
- External suppliers for Audio-Visual material have confirmed they will be taking following measures:
- Masks, gloves and disinfecting hand gel for technicians.
- Microphones will be disinfected after every speaker (AV staff in charge for this).
- Protecting screens are provided between technicians in the production area.
- One translation booth per translator io shared (additional costs may occur).
- Masks, hand gel and gloves can be provided to speakers as well.
5. Departure and invoicing
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the future; therefore we wish to guarantee you a smooth and safe check out procedure.
- On the last night of his stay, every guest will receive an automatic message with an overview of his current invoice. Any changes can be made directly at the reception desk as well as payment.
- Paper invoices will no longer be provided, if requested, a digital version can be sent per email.
- Cash payments are not allowed, electronic or contactless payments are the new standard.
- Payment terminals are disinfected with hand wipes after every transaction.
- Room keys can be dropped in a dedicated drop box and will be disinfected or destroyed.
6. General hygiene and social distancing
Behind the scenes,we have taken several other precautions in order to provide a safe accommodation and a most enjoyable stay at Hotel Le Plaza.
- Hand gel, hand wipes and disinfectant products are provided in the lobby.
- The fitness area is restricted to one person at a time. Access to the fitness area can be requested at reception. Guests are invited to inform reception when they are finished and are requested to bring back the access key after use of the fitness, which will be disinfected before access is given to the next guest.
- Public toilets are closed; guests are invited to use the toilet in their bedroom. During events, public toilets will be opened and cleaning staff will be present to disinfect after every use.
- Social distancing lines will be marked on the floor at reception desk, welcome desk for events, breakfast waiting lines,… Direction lines will be marked on the ground to avoid crossing of incoming and outgoing guests.
- In order to respect social distancing, desks at reception will be reduced from 3 to 2.
- Only 1 person at a time is allowed per elevator, except members of the same family that checked in together.
- Upon availability rooms will be allocated on lower floors to motivate the guests to use the stairs.
- Special waste bins for masks and gloves will be provided in public areas.
- “We protect us to protect YOU”. Staff members are obliged to respect internal safety measures:
- Facemasks, regular washing of hands, gloves and hand gel become part of the uniform.
- Social distancing is obliged in staff area and cafeteria. Lunches can be taken at the working desk from now on.
- Bigger teams are split up into smaller teams to avoid contamination.
- Body temperature of our staff will be measured each day at arrival and departure. This service can be offered at events as well (additional costs for staff or materials may occur).
These guidelines are subject to change according to further decisions taken by (local) authorities.
Laurent De Kerf, General Manager
Charly Vandevenne, Director of Operations
Lionel Lyardet, Security and Safety Advisor